In response to a question about immigration, Rubio dropped his previous pleas against harsh attacks on illegal workers. He said he would not have voted in favor of the legislation -- backed by Crist and Sen. Mel Martinez -- that would have allowed illegal workers to earn legal status, which he called "blanket legalization."Meanwhile, on the economic front, Charlie Crist was for Keynesian bailouts before he was against them. (Via Memeorandum.) And at Hot Air Green Room:
"Nothing is more disruptive to legal immigration than illegal immigration,'' he said. "We must secure our borders."
The question at stake, according to Aaron Marks of The Next Right, is “Who ultimately controls the GOP, the grassroots or the machine?” When the machine is run by “Chairman Bozo,” as Florida conservative Javier Manjarres calls him, the odds favor the grassroots.ALSO SEE:
- American Spectator: Texas, Florida Rumbling About Cornyn's NRSC Move
- Not One Red Cent: The Rebellion Goes Viral!
- Hot Air: Video: What Charlie Crist Is Up Against
- Green Room: Behind the 'Not One Red Cent' Rebellion
- American Spectator: Video: Interview With Florida Conservative Candidate Marco Rubio
- American Spectator: Florida Conservatives Slam NRSC Crist Endorsement